My Fav Corgi
What is the difference between Cardigan and Pembroke Welsh Corgis?
Do you know the diference between these two very popular breeds of corgi?
It's simple! This is a cardigan.
Just look at that fur!
But seriously, while every corgi is special and unique, here are some common differences between cardigan and pembroke welsh corgis.
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
• Cardigans are a lil chunkier than their pembroke brothers – but that's ok because there's more to love!
• They have rounded ears
• We all love a cute corgi butt. The cardigan also has a beautiful long tail. Let's hope it's wagging for joy!
• Cold outside? The cardigan is known for it's heaver outer coat with its tough texture.
• Forget Guardians of the Galaxy. Cardigan corgis are your guardian of the house. If there's trouble afoot, expect the cardigan to be suspicious.
• Take a look at those feeties! The cardigan has feet that turn out away from the body.
• Want a brooding, mysterious corgi? Cardigans are commonly found in darker colours, like grays and blacks.
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Photo by Daniel Stockman
• Pembrokes are what people first think of when you say you love corgis!
• They are a lil bit smaller than the cardigans (but not quite pocket sized).
• They have pointy ears that usually stick up as they grow from puppy to adult.
• They are a bundle of energy. If you have guests, expect for them to be greeted at the door.
• What does the fox say? The face of the pembroke corgi has a similar look to a fox! Might be why they're so crafty.
• Pembroke corgis often have a short, docked, or no tail. This way you get to see their cute fluffy butt.
• Pembrokes have forward facing feeties.
So there you have it. These are the common differences between Cardigans and Pembroke corgis. Picked your favourite? Message us on
and let us know.
Get in CoNTact
© 2019, My Fav Corgi. All rights reserved.
📷 Daniel Stockman
My Fav Corgi